1) Data collection. Have any data been collected for this study already?
Yes, we already collected the data.
No, no data have been collected for this study yet.
It's complicated. We have already collected some data but explain in Question 8 why readers may consider this a valid pre-registration nevertheless.
(Note: "Yes" is not an accepted answer.)
2) Hypothesis. What's the main question being asked or hypothesis being tested in this study?
3) Dependent variable. Describe the key dependent variable(s) specifying how they will be measured.
4) Conditions. How many and which conditions will participants be assigned to?
5) Analyses. Specify exactly which analyses you will conduct to examine the main question/hypothesis.
6) More analyses. Any secondary analyses?
7) Sample Size. How many observations will be collected or what will determine sample size?
No need to justify decision, but be precise about exactly how the number will be determined.
8) Other. Anything else you would like to pre-register?
(e.g., data exclusions, variables collected for exploratory purposes, unusual analyses planned?)
9) Name. Give a title for this AsPredicted pre-registration
Suggestion: use the name of the project, followed by study description.