AsPredicted is funded by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and it is managed by the Wharton Credibility Lab.
- The website and underlying database are hosted by InMotionHosting, with state-of-the art security.
- The entire database is backed up daily onto three different servers hosted by different providers. Additional backup copies are made every 20 minutes.
- Connections between you and the server are encrypted (https), meaning that even if you use an open unprotected WiFi network,
other users cannot see what you receive or send to AsPredicted.org.
- There are no userids nor passwords. All identification is done via email. When requested, a link that logs users in is emailed,
the link works until a user actively logs out, and users remain logged in through a cookie
until they actively logout.
- Data on the server are not encrypted. If hackers break into InMotionHosting and find the AsPredicted database,
they would have access to the pre-registration information. Having said that, the data on the
server are probably safer than in your personal computer.